Because acetylene is easily mixed with air and can form explosive mixtures, it will cause combustion and explosion when exposed to open flames and high heat energy. It is determined that the operation of acetylene bottles must be strictly in accordance with safety regulations. What are the specifications for the use of acetylene cylinders?
1. The acetylene bottle should be equipped with a special tempering preventer and pressure reducer. For the unstable work place and more moving, it should be installed on a special car.
2. It is strictly forbidden to knock, collide and apply strong vibrations, so as to prevent the porous filler in the bottle from sinking and forming a cavity, which will affect the storage of acetylene.
3. The acetylene bottle should be placed upright, and it is strictly prohibited to use it lying down. Because the acetone in the bottle will flow out with acetylene when it is used lying down, it will even flow into the rafter tube through the pressure reducer, which is very dangerous.
4. Use a special wrench to open the acetylene gas cylinder. When opening the acetylene bottle, the operator should stand behind the side of the valve port and act gently. It is strictly forbidden to use up the gas in the bottle. 0.1~0.2Mpa should be kept in winter and 0.3Mpa residual pressure should be kept in summer.
5. The operating pressure should not exceed 0.15Mpa, and the gas transmission speed should not exceed 1.5~2 cubic meters (m3)/hour·bottle.
6. The temperature of the acetylene cylinder should not exceed 40°C. Avoid exposure in summer. Because the temperature in the bottle is too high, the solubility of acetone to acetylene will be reduced, and the pressure of acetylene in the bottle will increase sharply.
7. The acetylene bottle should not be close to heat sources and electrical equipment.
8. The bottle valve freezes in winter, and it is strictly prohibited to use fire to roast. If necessary, use heat below 40℃ to thaw.
9. The connection between the acetylene pressure reducer and the bottle valve must be reliable. It is strictly forbidden to use it under air leakage. Otherwise, a mixture of acetylene and air will be formed, which will explode once it touches an open flame.
10. It is strictly forbidden to use it in a place with poor ventilation and radiation, and it should not be placed on insulating materials such as rubber. The distance between the acetylene cylinder and the oxygen cylinder should be more than 10m.
11. If a gas cylinder is found to be defective, the operator shall not repair it without authorization, and shall notify the safety supervisor to send it back to the gas plant for processing.
Post time: Oct-20-2022